AUDITIONS FOR 2017-2018 HAVE CONCLUDED
Thanks to everybody who auditioned this year. Audition information for 2018-2019 will be posted here in the summer of 2018.
Admission to most LMAC groups is by audition only. Any Lower Merion HS students who are interested and feel ready to take on this challenging music are encouraged to audition.
Click here to download a pdf of this audition information: AuditionSheet2017-2018
Audition Information 2017-2018
Date: 25, 27, 29 September 2017 (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
Location: LMHS room 128 (vocal music)
- Eligibility: All LMHS students are eligible to audition.
- Rehearsal & Performance Schedule: Check to see that you can commit to the rehearsal schedule before you audition. If you cannot commit to the schedule, do not audition. Occasionally, certain schedule conflicts can be worked around. If you have a conflict, check with Mr. Hunnex before signing up to audition. The schedule can be found below.
- Attendance Policy & Academic Eligibility: Review the LMAC policy on attendance and academic eligibility. They can both be found below. By signing up to audition you agree to abide by these policies.
- Sign Up: Everyone who wishes to audition must sign up for an audition time. Sign-up sheets will be posted in room 128 (choir room) on Monday, 11 September. As a courtesy to others, please do not change your time once you have already signed up.
- Complete Registration Form: There is a brief online form that you must complete. You can find it here: http://goo.gl/forms/5dugtPmurzjTD7MC2
- Required solo: There will be a short song that everybody must sing in their audition. This year’s required solo can be found below.
- Prepared solo: Choose any song you like and prepare to sing about 30 seconds of it in your audition. Choose a song that shows off your voice and demonstrates what you feel you can contribute to the group.
- Sight-reading: You will be asked to sight-read a short excerpt in your audition.
- Warm-ups: You may be asked to do some vocal warm-ups in your audition to find the range in which your voice sounds best. You may or may not be asked sing in the high and low extremes of your range.
- On your audition day: Make sure you arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled audition time. If you have any questions or concerns, do NOT enter the audition room. Wait until Mr. Hunnex comes out between auditions to ask your question.
- Audition results: Audition results will be posted on the LMAC Website (lmacappella.projectphilly.org) on Saturday, 30 September. There is a mandatory meeting for all LMAC members from 6:00-8:00 on Monday, 2 October. Regular rehearsals will begin Wednesday, 4 October.
You will be asked to sing the required solo in the following key, according to voice part:
|Soprano: B minor||Alto: E minor|
|Tenor: C minor||Bass: D Minor|
Rehearsal & Performance Schedule
Check this rehearsal schedule before signing up for an audition. If you cannot commit to the schedule, do not audition. Occasionally, certain schedule conflicts can be worked around. If you have a conflict, check with Mr. Hunnex before signing up to audition.
Music Dept. Fall Concert (Part 2) – Wednesday, 14 December, 7:00-9:00pm
LMAC Winter Invitational – Wednesday, 14 February, 7:00-9:00pm
Mr. LM competition – Monday, 26 February, 7:00-10:00pm
LM Jazz Festival – Friday, 9 March, 6:00-10:00pm
LMAC Spring Concert – Saturday, 5 May, 7:00-9:00pm
Music Dept. Spring Concert (Part 2) – Wednesday, 9 May, 7:00-9:00pm
Attendance Policy & Academic Eligibility
In order for the groups of LMAC to be successful, students must attend all rehearsals and performances. To ensure viability and maintain our high standards of musicianship, each group member may miss no more than five rehearsals over the course of the year. This requirement may be waived for certain standing conflicts at the discretion of Mr. Hunnex. Any student who misses a performance or exceeds five absences for the year will have their position in the group re-evaluated.
While participation in extracurricular groups like LMAC is an important part of a student’s high school experience, academic performance remains the priority. As members of LMAC, students are expected to maintain a high level of academic performance while fulfilling their commitment to the group. Eligibility for participation in LMAC will be determined in accordance with the policies of Lower Merion High School.